English Language & Culture Course
This language course for children is an amazing learning and culture experience for all boys and girls between the ages of 12-17 years. Get the opportunity to learn a language in first-class facilities, visit historic locations and make loads of new friends. Learn English in the morning in small classes, then in the afternoon use the English learned with the teacher on a trip. Learning the language on a trip and in a classroom brings English to life!
The GESE (Graded Examinations in Spoken English) exams test candidates’ ability in listening and speaking. They are one-to-one oral examinations with a Trinity examiner.
The Culture programme involves trips to places of natural beauty or historical landmarks. This course is specifically designed for students to practise the English they have learned in the class on the trips.
Location: University of Brighton
Luxury Classrooms: In the AMEX Community Stadium
Maximum Class Size: 12
Summer Course Dates: 24/06/2013 – 19/08/2013
Duration: 1-8 weeks
Accommodation: Host Family
English Level: All Levels
What’s Included -
- 20 hours of English tuition (Maximum class size 12)
- 10 hours of Cultural Visits
- Day Trip to London
- Course Certificate
- Rail ticket
- Host Family Accommodation
- Social Programme
- Course materials
- Airport Transfer from London Gatwick
|Duration||Group||1 on 1|
**All prices are shown in GBP
- A unique learning experience - Students put the theory learned in the classroom into practice on school trips. For example the students will learn the language of cities in the class after lunch then use it on the trip round the city!
- Our teachers are all experienced, certified professionals who hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in addition to a CELTA, PGCE (Teaching qualifications).
- The lessons are specifically designed to keep the attention of young adults, while being taught in a friendly and interactive environment. Our material is contempoary and stimulating.
- A varied range of contemporary materials not an old textbook.
- All the latest multi-media equipment is used, as you would expect from a leading educational establishment.
- We operate an English-only policy inside the classrooms and students are encouraged to speak English at all times during their stay with us.
- Our teachers are committed to the students’ educational achievement and will offer additional home study materials at the parent or the student’s request.
The culture programme involves educational trips in the afternoon and relaxing activities in the evening.
- Our supervisors are hand-picked and speak a variety of languages.
- They are all in higher education with a view to working with children in the future.
- They are dedicated to your child’s welfare.
- Your child will be assigned a supervisor and will remain with them for the duration of their stay.
- Your child’s supervisor is on call 24/7.
- The supervisors accompany the students on all social activities and excursions.
- During the period of your child’s stay the supervisor will provide reassurance and support for your child giving you peace of mind.
The leisure programme is included in the package price.The Leisure programme will commence at 1900 after the evening meal taken at the AMEX Community stadium, in the Gold Lounge.
Please find below an example week’s leisure program. These are the activities the students will undertake over a 1/2/3 week course. The students do not repeat the same activity.
Get to know your host family/light homework – we understand that the first day can be very tiring.
Tuesday – Thursday 1900-2130
An example of some of the activities we offer
- Tenpin Bowling – A supervised session at the local bowling alley.
- Cinema – Educational and entertaining at the local Multiplex.
- Brighton Pier Visit.
- Sealife Centre.
- Mini Golf.
- Old police Cell Museum – A fascinating guided tour of the past.
- Disco at Audio Nightclub – Learn how to break dance, talent show.
- Meal in an English restaurant
No Trip, homework focusing on vocabulary and grammar that can be used on the trip at the weekend.
Day trip to London, Arundel, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath or Canterbury.