English Language with Nautical Cartography As English is the ‘language of the sea’ we understand how important it is for individuals to learn English with Nautical Cartography. The aim of this Dolphin Languages course is to provide participants with the English skills to understand and execute routine nautical cartography tasks. The course is designed for people in the nautical cartography industry from around the world who require the English skills and knowledge to produce accurate charts to international standards and to undertake a course such as the UKHO Cartographic Training course. About the Award
ESB has a broad range of qualifications for adults over 16, with assessment tasks exploring a spectrum of skills. These Adult syllabuses are suitable for learners in many different educational and work place environments: schools, colleges, Higher Education, prisons or on-site at employers’ premises.
All Adult syllabuses use a common core:
a presentation – focused on knowledge and skills in differing contexts based on the candidate’s own experience, vocational context or personal interests
interactive questions and discussion
other tasks, depending on syllabus and level, may include workplace interpretation, telephone or interviewing skills, current affairs, debate, social interaction, etc.
Each syllabus series is designed to demonstrate and encourage progression. The skills required at each stage show increasing demands of thought, shaping, language and technique appropriate to both the context and level. Key Skill Communication and the wider key skills are signposted for all relevant programmes.
Guided learning hours are flexible to allow for entries throughout the year, individual rate of progress and context. The syllabuses can be the focus for a short course or to complement / assist delivery over 1-3 terms e.g. supporting Vocational qualifications, other Skills or English in the National Curriculum, according to level and application. Additionally they can be used alongside appropriate Business or Management courses delivered within Colleges/University or through private training providers.
- 20 hours of English tuition per week.
- Maximum class size 8, Average 4.
- 2 x 45 minute private lessons
- Course Certificate
- Bus/Rail ticket
- Host Family Accommodation
- Complementary Tea/Coffee/Newspapers
- Course materials
- Optional Social Programme
- Describe and apply the methods used in keeping nautical charts up-to-date.
- Identify and explain different sources of information providing bathymetric data.
- Identify National and International Organisations related to nautical charting.
- Describe hydrographic data acquisition, processing and management procedures.
- Explain hydrographic survey operations essential to ensure safety of navigation
|Duration||Standard||1 on 1|
**All prices are shown in GBP