Hotel Management and English for Hospitality courses are tailored specifically for people in the hotel and tourist industries. It focuses on primary language functions, such as requesting, refusing, suggesting, confirming, and asking questions. The language is presented in the context of the hospitality business workplace and has been carefully chosen to include high-frequency voc
If you want to enter the hotel or hospitality management, tourism management or the travel industry, and your English needs improving, then these lessons are ideal for you.
This course focuses on the communication needs of those working in the hotel and tourist industries. Students will develop confidence and fluency in English when interacting with customers. This course is available in different levels. Students will be given the opportunity to learn and practise structures and vocabulary used in the industry, and develop a practical understanding of working in tourism and hospitality.
So if you are a hotel manager, work in the tourism or hospitality industry then this course is ideal for you!
About the Award
ESB has a broad range of qualifications for adults over 16, with assessment tasks exploring a spectrum of skills. These Adult syllabuses are suitable for learners in many different educational and work place environments: schools, colleges, Higher Education, prisons or on-site at employers’ premises.
All Adult syllabuses use a common core:
a presentation – focused on knowledge and skills in differing contexts based on the candidate’s own experience, vocational context or personal interests
interactive questions and discussion
other tasks, depending on syllabus and level, may include workplace interpretation, telephone or interviewing skills, current affairs, debate, social interaction, etc.
Each syllabus series is designed to demonstrate and encourage progression. The skills required at each stage show increasing demands of thought, shaping, language and technique appropriate to both the context and level. Key Skill Communication and the wider key skills are signposted for all relevant programmes.
Guided learning hours are flexible to allow for entries throughout the year, individual rate of progress and context. The syllabuses can be the focus for a short course or to complement / assist delivery over 1-3 terms e.g. supporting Vocational qualifications, other Skills or English in the National Curriculum, according to level and application. Additionally they can be used alongside appropriate Business or Management courses delivered within Colleges/University or through private training providers.
Age: – 18+
Levels: – Pre-Intermediate – Advanced
Number of English language hours: 20 hours per week + 2 x 45 minute private lessons
Duration: 1-8 weeks
Class size: 4-8
What’s included? Course material, rail/bus ticket, complimentary tea/coffee, airport transfer, host family accommodation (other accommodation available) and course certificate.
The Teacher: Dolphin Languages specialist teachers have a background and or experience/passion for the subject
The course is designed to give practical English language training in the following:
- Current trends in the hospitality industry
- Reception & guest services – telephoning, answering questions, giving information and explaining, and dealing with problems in English
- Restaurant and bar work – interacting in English with customers
- Customer services – complaints, customer relations, giving advice and managing sales
This is not just a course in English for hotel staff, it covers the whole range of tourism roles, whether as training for travel agents, transport (for example as cabin crew for an airline), or in heritage and culture tourism.
The Luxury Social Programme
We can appreciate the first day can be tiring so after your first English lesson you will enjoy a relaxing orientation walk round Brighton. Our guide will show you the places you will most interact with and will offer useful information about the local bus & train stations, as well as the major attractions in Brighton.
We offer a classic and Luxury social programme. Please see below for examples of activities.
The Luxury Social Programme
*Please note that the following is a guide and the student will experience a selection of the activities
Dolphin Languages is prepared to answer the high standards of any client interested in experiencing ‘la crème de la crème’ of Brighton by offering an exquisite social programme in the finest surroundings of South East of England.
Activities take place from Tuesday to Saturday.
• The best shows and plays in London – enjoy a live performance from a wide selection which covers many areas of interest: the Coliseum Theatre, Her Majesty’s Theatre or Piccadilly Theatre, Live Musicals, or Premiership Football matches.
• An organic British 3 Course Dinner – because we understand value a healthy diet we can arrange a special meal where you will enjoy the highest quality of food in one of the many prestigious restaurants in Brighton.
• Afternoon Tea at the Grand Hotel – the Grand Hotel is one of the UK’s most magnificent Victorian hotels. Situated on the seafront, it dominates the shoreline and enjoys a stunning outlook.
• Learn to fly (Supplement of £150) – for the high-spirited we are prepared to offer extreme activities to meet your adrenaline dose (bungee jumping, skydiving, aerobatic flights).
• Water sports (optional) – we can arrange for you the most exclusive experiences, such as: trip in a private yacht, kayak, wakeboarding or surfing.
• Seafood Restaurant Night – Brighton offers a range variety of venues where you will be delighted by the seafood cuisine, prepared by the most gifted sous-chefs in the area.
• Day trip to the finest surroundings of South East England -Bath/Cheltenham/Canterbury. These locations retain a stunning architecture, and iconic attractions, with immense cultural and artistic heritage. You will be mesmerized by their award-winning gardens, impressive range of stylish shops and restaurants, and their festivals of horse racing, music and literature.
• Tour round Harvey’s of Lewes/Lewes Castle – Harvey’s Brewery in Lewes is the oldest brewery in Sussex, dating back to 1790. Its rich heritage is passionately carried through to the present day. Various events take place at the Lewes Castle, including two plays annually, children’s parties and weddings.
The Classic Social Programme
Activities take place from Tuesday to Saturday.
We explore more of what Brighton has to offer, in order to soak up the city’s architecture and history. You will visit unique landmarks with an immense cultural and artistic heritage, such as:
• The Royal Pavilion, which is home to some of the finest collections and examples of the style chinoiserie in Britain.
• The Sea Life Centre is the oldest aquarium in the world but has modern attractions like a 1 million litre underwater sea tunnel, the UK’s first glass bottom boat and a jungle tour through Amazonian rainforest waters.
• The Brighton Pier is your theme park on the sea, the third most visited tourist attraction in the UK.
• Preston Manor is a charming historic house on the outskirts of Brighton, decorated and furnished in the Edwardian style.
• The Brighton Dome is part of the historic Pavilion Estate and hosts a packed, year round programme of live music, dance, theatre, comedy and family events.
• The Old Police Cells Museum offers visitors a unique insight into the history of Sussex Police.
Recognised for their natural beauty, the South Downs have also recently been awarded National Park status.
Dolphin Languages will encourage all applicants to take part in our ‘Green Activities’, which includes a trip in the Brighton countryside – walk up to Devil’s Dyke, cycle into Kipling’s Rottingdean, home of some of the most stunning gardens in Brighton, or join a woodland trail. These areas allow you to escape to a scenic, tranquil world of down lands, footpaths, bridleways and byways.
We agree with the old Latin saying ‘Mens sana in corpore sano’ (a sound mind in a healthy body) and we offer a range of activities to combine pleasure with sport, such as:
• Mini Golf
• Tenpin Bowling- A supervised session at the local bowling alley.
• A seafront walk or walk in the beautiful countryside surroundings of Seven Sisters.
Alternatively we can organise a programme to meet your or your businesses specific needs. Please contact us for more details.
|Duration||Standard||1 on 1|
**All prices are shown in GBP