Dolphins legal language courses
If you are an international lawyer, this is designed to improve your command of English law or the legal profession and if your first language is not English and you want to study law in English. Our Legal English courses are designed by experts in the legal context.
This course serves as a one on one, in small groups or in the office at a law firm.
All of our legal English courses are designed to meet the specific needs of of our clients.
The Legal English course will provide you with:
Confidence when explaining a point of law within the limits of national jurisdiction
More effective achievements on behalf of your organization
How to use the law to correct their understanding of English
Enhanced editing and drafting skills
Using the law to improve presentation and negotiation skills in English
Age: - 18+
Levels: – Pre-Intermediate – Advanced
Number of English language hours: 20 hours per week + 2 x 45 minute private lessons
Duration: 1-8 weeks
Class size: 4-6
What’s included -
- 20 hours of English tuition per week.
- Maximum class size 8, Average 4.
- 2 x 45 minute private lessons
- Course Certificate
- Bus/Rail ticket
- Host Family Accommodation
- Complementary Tea/Coffee/Newspapers
- Course materials
- Optional Social Programme
The sessions will focus on incorporating the themes below. These themes will be used in discussion exercises in small groups. The course also focuses on problem-solving exercises and reading financial texts and listening to finance-related speeches and conversations.
- Jobs in finance
- Basic financial accounting
- Company results
- Cash flow
- Teamwork and managing people
- Accounting software and IT
- Company formation and company law
- Internal audits and control
- Client relations
- IFRS and accounting standards
- Audit and assurance
- Banking and insurance
- Financial markets
- Risk assessment and analysis
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Debt and corporate distress
- Ethics and corporate governance
- Strategic financial management
The Luxury Social Programme
We can appreciate the first day can be tiring so after your leson you will enjoy a relaxing orientation walk round Brighton. Our guide will show you the places you will most interact with and will offer useful information about the local bus & train stations, as well as the major attractions in Brighton.
We offer a classic and Luxury social programme. Please see below for examples of activities.
The Luxury Social Programme
*Please note that the following is a guide and the student will experience a selection of the activities
Dolphin Languages is prepared to answer the high standards of any client interested in experiencing ‘Crème de la Crème’ of Brighton by offering an exquisite social programme in the finest surroundings of South East of England.
Activities take place from Tuesday to Saturday.
• The best shows and plays in London – enjoy a live performance from a wide selection which covers many areas of interest: the Coliseum Theatre, Her Majesty’s Theatre or Piccadilly Theatre, Live Musicals, or Premiership Football matches.
• An organic British 3 Course Dinner – because we understand value a healthy diet we can arrange a special meal where you will enjoy the highest quality of food in one of the many prestigious restaurants in Brighton.
• Afternoon Tea at the Grand Hotel – the Grand Hotel is one of the UK’s most magnificent Victorian hotels. Situated on the seafront, it dominates the shoreline and enjoys a stunning outlook
• Learn to fly (Supplement of £150) – for the high-spirited we are prepared to offer extreme activities to meet your adrenaline dose (bungee jumping, skydiving, aerobatic flights).
• Water sports (optional) – we can arrange for you the most exclusive experiences, such as: trip in a private yacht, kayak, wakeboarding or surfing.
• Seafood Restaurant Night – Brighton offers a range variety of venues where you will be delighted by the seafood cuisine, prepared by the most gifted sous-chefs in the area.
• Day trip to the finest surroundings of South East England -Bath/Cheltenham/Canterbury. These locations retain a stunning architecture, and iconic attractions, with immense cultural and artistic heritage. You will be mesmerized by their award-winning gardens, impressive range of stylish shops and restaurants, and their festivals of horse racing, music and literature.
• Tour round Harvey’s of Lewes/Lewes Castle – Harvey’s Brewery in Lewes is the oldest brewery in Sussex, dating back to 1790. Its rich heritage is passionately carried through to the present day. Various events take place at the Lewes Castle, including two plays annually, children’s parties and weddings.
The Classic Social Programme
Activities takes place from Tuesday- Saturday
We explore more of what Brighton has to offer, in order to soak up the city’s architecture and history. You will visit unique landmarks with an immense cultural and artistic heritage, such as:
• The Royal Pavilion, which is home to some of the finest collections and examples of the style chinoiserie in Britain.
• The Sea Life Centre is the oldest aquarium in the world but has modern attractions like a 1 million litre underwater sea tunnel, the UK’s first glass bottom boat and a jungle tour through Amazonian rainforest waters.
• The Brighton Pier is your theme park on the sea, the third most visited tourist attraction in the UK.
• Preston Manor is a charming historic house on the outskirts of Brighton, decorated and furnished in the Edwardian style.
• The Brighton Dome is part of the historic Pavilion Estate and hosts a packed, year round programme of live music, dance, theatre, comedy and family events.
• The Old Police Cells Museum offers visitors a unique insight into the history of Sussex Police.
Recognised for their natural beauty, the South Downs have also recently been awarded National Park status.
Dolphin Languages will encourage all applicants to take part in our ‘Green Activities’, which includes a trip in the Brighton countryside – walk up to Devil’s Dyke, cycle into Kipling’s Rottingdean, home of some of the most stunning gardens in Brighton, or join a woodland trail. These areas allow you to escape to a scenic, tranquil world of down lands, footpaths, bridleways and byways.
We agree with the old Latin saying ‘Mens sana in corpore sano’ (a sound mind in a healthy body) and we offer a range of activities to combine pleasure with sport, such as:
• Mini Golf
• Tenpin Bowling- A supervised session at the local bowling alley.
• A seafront walk or walk in the beautiful countryside surroundings of Seven Sisters
Alternatively we can organise a programme to meet your or your businesses specific needs. Please contact us for more details.