This course is for individuals who are currently working as a football agent or have aspirations to work in the industry. On the Dolphin Languages course you will learn the language required to perform the following tasks required of a football agent:
- Career management
- Transfer negotiation
- Contract negotiation
- Financial planning
- Sponsorship and marketing opportunities
- Public relations
- Disciplinary issues
- Welfare advice – cars, housing, banking, investment, etc.
At Dolphin Languages we understand that the role of a football agent is to look after every aspect of their client’s career, to allow the player to concentrate on playing football. Having these skills will help an agent communicate with players and negotiate with English speaking clubs of the EPL, MLS A-League, SPL etc.
• Tickets to Football matches in the UK
• Transfers from Airport included
• Accommodation: stay in a top hotel or Guest House
• We can design a course to meet YOUR specific language needs
• A truly unique experience designed specifically for FIFA agents
• Fully qualified teachers who love football
• Meet other agents, build connections
• Observe training at local clubs*
• A course for all English levels
Age: – 18+
Levels: – Minimum A2 Pre-Intermediate
Duration: 1-8 weeks
Teacher: Fully Qualifies with a background/passion for football
Class size: One to one or Small group
What’s included? Course material, rail/bus ticket, complimentary tea/coffee, airport transfer, host family accommodation (other accommodation option available) and course certificate.
This course is taught in the AMEX Community Stadium in modern classrooms. You will practise the key competences: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Describing Anatomy and fitness
It’s essential a football agent can describe a player’s anatomy and how that impacts on his/her skills on the pitch. You will feel confident using this language after the course.
Football agents must possess the language to describe the skills a player possesses and how they function on the pitch. Cristiano Ronaldo and Gerard Pique are both fantastic players but with very different attributes; you’ll learn the how to describe the difference.
The Art of Negotiation
Learn the language, pronunciation, emphasis and stress pattern so you can negotiate the best possible deal for your client and yourself!
Improving your financial language will enable you to handle the client’s finances. We recognise that football agents must have the ability to perform financial and risk analysis on contracts to negotiate the best deal for the athlete.
The Language of Football
This course equips the students with the idiomatic, colloquial and phrasal verb based football language spoken by the top players and agents.
Our course recognises that the primary duty of a sports agent is to market the client to other businesses that can increase the athlete’s financial gains. This includes marketing the athlete to team owners and sponsors.
Dolphin Languages offers the choice of 2 social programmes
The Luxury Social Programme
We can appreciate the first day can be tiring so after your first English lesson you will enjoy a relaxing orientation walk round Brighton. Our guide will show you the places you will most interact with and will offer useful information about the local bus & train stations, as well as the major attractions in Brighton.
We offer a classic and Luxury social programme. Please see below for examples of activities.
The Luxury Social Programme
*Please note that the following is a guide and the student will experience a selection of the activities
Dolphin Languages is prepared to answer the high standards of any client interested in experiencing ‘Crème de la Crème’ of Brighton by offering an exquisite social programme in the finest surroundings of South East of England.
Activities take place from Tuesday to Saturday.
• The best shows and plays in London – enjoy a live performance from a wide selection which covers many areas of interest: the Coliseum Theatre, Her Majesty’s Theatre or Piccadilly Theatre, Live Musicals, or Premiership Football matches.
• An organic British 3 Course Dinner – because we understand value a healthy diet we can arrange a special meal where you will enjoy the highest quality of food in one of the many prestigious restaurants in Brighton.
• Afternoon Tea at the Grand Hotel – the Grand Hotel is one of the UK’s most magnificent Victorian hotels. Situated on the seafront, it dominates the shoreline and enjoys a stunning outlook.
• Learn to fly (Supplement of £150) – for the high-spirited we are prepared to offer extreme activities to meet your adrenaline dose (bungee jumping, skydiving, aerobatic flights).
• Water sports (optional) – we can arrange for you the most exclusive experiences, such as: trip in a private yacht, kayak, wakeboarding or surfing.
• Seafood Restaurant Night – Brighton offers a range variety of venues where you will be delighted by the seafood cuisine, prepared by the most gifted sous-chefs in the area.
• Day trip to the finest surroundings of South East England -Bath/Cheltenham/Canterbury. These locations retain a stunning architecture, and iconic attractions, with immense cultural and artistic heritage. You will be mesmerized by their award-winning gardens, impressive range of stylish shops and restaurants, and their festivals of horse racing, music and literature.
• Tour round Harvey’s of Lewes/Lewes Castle – Harvey’s Brewery in Lewes is the oldest brewery in Sussex, dating back to 1790. Its rich heritage is passionately carried through to the present day. Various events take place at the Lewes Castle, including two plays annually, children’s parties and weddings.
The Classic Social Programme
Activities take place from Tuesday to Saturday.
We explore more of what Brighton has to offer, in order to soak up the city’s architecture and history. You will visit unique landmarks with an immense cultural and artistic heritage, such as:
• The Royal Pavilion, which is home to some of the finest collections and examples of the style chinoiserie in Britain.
• The Sea Life Centre is the oldest aquarium in the world but has modern attractions like a 1 million litre underwater sea tunnel, the UK’s first glass bottom boat and a jungle tour through Amazonian rainforest waters.
• The Brighton Pier is your theme park on the sea, the third most visited tourist attraction in the UK.
• Preston Manor is a charming historic house on the outskirts of Brighton, decorated and furnished in the Edwardian style.
• The Brighton Dome is part of the historic Pavilion Estate and hosts a packed, year round programme of live music, dance, theatre, comedy and family events.
• The Old Police Cells Museum offers visitors a unique insight into the history of Sussex Police.
Recognised for their natural beauty, the South Downs have also recently been awarded National Park status.
Dolphin Languages will encourage all applicants to take part in our ‘Green Activities’, which includes a trip in the Brighton countryside – walk up to Devil’s Dyke, cycle into Kipling’s Rottingdean, home of some of the most stunning gardens in Brighton, or join a woodland trail. These areas allow you to escape to a scenic, tranquil world of down lands, footpaths, bridleways and byways.
We agree with the old Latin saying ‘Mens sana in corpore sano’ (a sound mind in a healthy body) and we offer a range of activities to combine pleasure with sport, such as:
• Mini Golf
• Tenpin Bowling- A supervised session at the local bowling alley.
• A seafront walk or walk in the beautiful countryside surroundings of Seven Sisters.
Alternatively we can organise a programme to meet your or your businesses specific needs. Please contact us for more details.