English Language & Football Course Summer Camp 2013
General English Lessons
The English Language course is taught by teachers with degrees and teaching qualifications. Our teachers are committed to the students’
educational achievement and will offer additional home study materials at the parent or student’s request. A varied range of methods and materials (including audio-visual equipment) are used to supplement course books in the lessons.
We operate an English-only policy inside the classrooms and students are encouraged to speak English at all times during their stay with us. The lessons are specifically designed to keep the attention of young adults, while being taught in a friendly and interactive environment.
Language of Football Lessons
This is a unique course designed by football fanatical English teachers for football fanatical students. It equips the students with the idiomatic football English language spoken by the top players.
Topics include: anatomy, fitness, the business language of football (contracts, negotiating, salaries), the culture and history of the beautiful game including players, clubs and competitions.
Location: University of Brighton
Luxury Classrooms: In the AMEX Community Stadium
Summer Course Dates: 24/06/2013 – 19/08/2013
Group Course Dates: Available throughout the year email email@example.com
Duration: 1-8 weeks
Accommodation: Host Family
English Level: All Levels
What’s Included -
- 20 hours of English tuition (Maximum class size 12)
- 10 hours of football coaching
- Day Trip to London
- Course Certificate
- Rail ticket
- Host Family Accommodation
- All meals included
- Social Programme
- Course materials
- Airport Transfer from London Gatwick
|Duration||Group||1 on 1|
**All prices are shown in GBP
- Our teachers are all experienced, certified professionals who hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in addition to a CELTA, PGCE (Teaching qualifications).
- The lessons are specifically designed to be stimulating and fun, taught in a friendly and interactive environment.
- A varied range of contemporary materials are used; we don’t use old textbooks!
- All the latest multi-media equipment is used, as you would expect from a leading educational establishment.
- We operate an English-only policy inside the classrooms and students are encouraged to speak English at all times during their stay with us.
- Our teachers are committed to the students’ educational achievement and will offer additional home study materials at the parent or the student’s request.
We are very proud of our social programme. The leisure programme is included in the package price.
- Our supervisors are hand-picked and speak a variety of languages.
- They are all in higher education with a view to working with children in the future.
- They are dedicated to your child’s welfare.
- Your child will be assigned a supervisor and will remain with them for the duration of their stay.
- Your child’s supervisor is on call 24/7.
- The supervisors accompany the students on all social activities and excursions.
- During the period of your child’s stay the supervisor will provide reassurance and support, giving you peace of mind.
Please find below an example week’s leisure program. These are the activities the students will undertake over a 1/2/3 week course. The students do not repeat the same activity, other than the viewing of the football match.
Get to know your host family/light homework – we understand that the first day can be very tiring.
Tuesday – Thursday
Activities take place from Tuesday to Saturday.
We explore more of what Brighton has to offer, in order to soak up the city’s architecture and history. You will visit unique landmarks with an immense cultural and artistic heritage, such as:
• The Royal Pavilion, which is home to some of the finest collections and examples of the style chinoiserie in Britain.
• The Sea Life Centre is the oldest aquarium in the world but has modern attractions like a 1 million litre underwater sea tunnel, the UK’s first glass bottom boat and a jungle tour through Amazonian rainforest waters.
• The Brighton Pier is your theme park on the sea, the third most visited tourist attraction in the UK.
• Preston Manor is a charming historic house on the outskirts of Brighton, decorated and furnished in the Edwardian style.
• The Brighton Dome is part of the historic Pavilion Estate and hosts a packed, year round programme of live music, dance, theatre, comedy and family events.
• The Old Police Cells Museum offers visitors a unique insight into the history of Sussex Police.
Recognised for their natural beauty, the South Downs have also recently been awarded National Park status.
Dolphin Languages will encourage all applicants to take part in our ‘Green Activities’, which includes a trip in the Brighton countryside – breeze up to Devil’s Dyke, cycle into Kipling’s Rottingdean, home of some of the most stunning gardens in Brighton, or join a woodland trail. These areas allow you to escape to a scenic, tranquil world of down lands, footpaths, bridleways and byways.
We agree with the old Latin saying ‘Mens sana in corpore sano’ (a sound mind in a healthy body) and we offer a range of activities to combine pleasure with sport, such as:
• Mini Golf
• Tenpin Bowling- A supervised session at the local bowling alley.
• A seafront walk or walk in the beautiful countryside surroundings of Seven Sisters.
Alternatively we can organise a programme to meet your or your businesses specific needs. Please contact us for more details.
Weekly awards night – we gather at a local Fish and Chip restaurant to enjoy a meal with all the staff and students of Dolphin Languages. It’s the most prestigious night of the week as The Dolphin Cup is awarded to the winning football team of the tournament played earlier that day!
- A guided tour of London and a stadium tour.
- Sense the history when visiting the changing room.
- Experience the tension of the players’ tunnel.
- Climb the sacred trophy winners’ steps at Wembley.
- View the trophies.
- At Wembley get your hands on the FA Cup.
- Manage from Capello’s, Wenger’s, Villas Boas’ seat.
- Relive Wembley/Stamford Bridge/Emirates greatest moments on video.
- Television interview rooms.
Sunday Some Sundays we will offer an optional match against a local team. This is dependent on the availability of opposition and demand from the student or group leaders