English Language & Football Course Summer Camp 2015 General English Lessons The English Language course is taught by teachers with degrees and teaching qualifications. Our teachers are committed to the students’ educational achievement and will offer additional home study materials at the parent or student’s request. A varied range of methods and materials (including audio-visual equipment) are used to supplement course books in the lessons. We operate an English-only policy inside the classrooms and students are encouraged to speak English at all times during their stay with us. The lessons are specifically designed to keep the attention of young adults, while being taught in a friendly and interactive environment. Language of Football Lessons This is a unique course designed by football fanatical English teachers for football fanatical students. It equips the students with the idiomatic football English language spoken by the top players. Topics include: anatomy, fitness, the business language of football (contracts, negotiating, salaries), the culture and history of the beautiful game including players, clubs and competitions. Watch all our football videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6GaIYXEc_Q Check our brochure for more information: Learn English with Football (Homestay Accommodation) Learn English with Football (Residential Accommodation – only for groups)
- 15 x hours of GE & Trinity GESE Exam preparation and exam fee included
- 5 x hours of Football English (Learn the language of football- Anatomy, commerce)
- Trinity Exam Course Certificate
- Travel card for public transportation in Brighton
- Student residence accommodation
- All meals including (canteen lunch Mon – Fri)
- Full Saturday excursion to a football stadium – Wembley, Emirates, Stamford Bridge,
- 2 x evening activities – Tues & Thurs
- 5 x 2 hour football session taken by an experienced, qualified coach
- Student ID
|Number of people||1||Max 4|
- Our teachers are all experienced, certified professionals who hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in addition to a CELTA, PGCE (Teaching qualifications).
- The lessons are specifically designed to be stimulating and fun, taught in a friendly and interactive environment.
- A varied range of contemporary materials are used; we don’t use old textbooks!
- All the latest multi-media equipment is used, as you would expect from a leading educational establishment.
- We operate an English-only policy inside the classrooms and students are encouraged to speak English at all times during their stay with us.
- Our teachers are committed to the students’ educational achievement and will offer additional home study materials at the parent or the student’s request.
- They are all in higher education with a view to working with children in the future.
- They are dedicated to your child’s welfare.
- Your child will be assigned a supervisor and will usually remain with them for the duration of their stay.
- Your child’s supervisor is on call 24/7.
- The supervisors accompany the students on all social activities and excursions.
- During the period of your child’s stay the supervisor will provide reassurance and support, giving you peace of mind.
Please find below an example week’s leisure program. This is only a guide. We cannot guarantee that these activities will be taken. These are the activities the students will undertake over a 1/2/3 week course. The students do not repeat the same activity, other than the viewing of the football match. Monday Get to know your host family/light homework – we understand that the first day can be very tiring. Tuesday – Thursday Activities take place from Tuesday to Saturday. We explore more of what Brighton has to offer, in order to soak up the city’s architecture and history. You will visit unique landmarks with an immense cultural and artistic heritage, such as: • The Royal Pavilion, which is home to some of the finest collections and examples of the style chinoiserie in Britain. • The Sea Life Centre is the oldest aquarium in the world but has modern attractions like a 1 million litre underwater sea tunnel, the UK’s first glass bottom boat and a jungle tour through Amazonian rainforest waters. • The Brighton Pier is your theme park on the sea, the third most visited tourist attraction in the UK. • Preston Manor is a charming historic house on the outskirts of Brighton, decorated and furnished in the Edwardian style. • The Brighton Dome is part of the historic Pavilion Estate and hosts a packed, year round programme of live music, dance, theatre, comedy and family events. • The Old Police Cells Museum offers visitors a unique insight into the history of Sussex Police. Recognised for their natural beauty, the South Downs have also recently been awarded National Park status. Dolphin Languages will encourage all applicants to take part in our ‘Green Activities’, which includes a trip in the Brighton countryside – breeze up to Devil’s Dyke, cycle into Kipling’s Rottingdean, home of some of the most stunning gardens in Brighton, or join a woodland trail. These areas allow you to escape to a scenic, tranquil world of down lands, footpaths, bridleways and byways. We agree with the old Latin saying ‘Mens sana in corpore sano’ (a sound mind in a healthy body) and we offer a range of activities to combine pleasure with sport, such as: • Mini Golf • Tenpin Bowling- A supervised session at the local bowling alley. • A seafront walk or walk in the beautiful countryside surroundings of Seven Sisters. Alternatively we can organise a programme to meet your or your specific needs. Please contact us for more details. Saturday
- A guided tour of London and a stadium tour.
- Sense the history when visiting the changing room.
- Experience the tension of the players’ tunnel.
- Climb the sacred trophy winners’ steps at Wembley.
- View the trophies.
- At Wembley get your hands on the FA Cup.
- Manage from Capello’s, Wenger’s, Villas Boas’ seat.
- Relive Wembley/Stamford Bridge/Emirates greatest moments on video.
- Television interview rooms.
Sunday The Sunday is spent with the families.