Private English Tuition
At Dolphin Languages we believe that learning on a one to one basis is an excellent learning tool. Therefore we employ specialist teachers to deliver our English language lessons who have plenty of experience in teaching in this specialist environment. We want to make private tuition courses available to as many students as possible and it’s reflected in the price, but we don’t compromise on quality!
Dolphin Languages allows the student to profile what background and qualities the teacher should possess as we recognise that attention to detail is so important in this partnership. We also offer the guarantee that if for any reason the student does not ‘click’ with the facilitator on the course, we can offer an alternative.
In a one to one course you can email Dolphin Languages the areas you wish to study and we can build a course to meet your specific needs.
Please contact us with your requirements for a One to One English Language course and we will email back a proposal timetable for you to examine within 24 hours!
Private English Language lessons
Levels: Beginner – Advanced
Duration: 1-8 weeks
Class size: 1
- 25 hours of private English tuition per week
- Course Certificate
- Bus/Rail ticket
- Host Family Accommodation
- Complementary Tea/Coffee/Newspapers
- Optional example of activities that may be taken
- Experienced teacher
- Airport Transfer
- How long you’ve studied the English Language
- English language Level e.g. Intermediate
- The grammar areas you wish to study
- The skill(s) you wish to focus on e.g. Pronunciation
- The areas of vocabulary you wish to study
- Why you require a one to one English Language course
- What you want to achieve from the private lessons
- Any background information you think may help us create the perfect one to one English Language course for you
One to one teaching is a skill unlike regular teaching and at Dolphin Languages we understand this. Therefore we use hand-pick teachers who have a proven track record in teaching in a one to one setting. The teacher will be highly experienced, highly motivated and possess an excellent grasp of the areas of English the student wishes to study.
YOU DECIDE IF YOU WANT A SOCIAL PROGRAMME …. if the answer is yes then we have two programmes to choose from, the Luxury and the Classic
We can appreciate the first day can be tiring so after your first English lesson you will enjoy a relaxing orientation walk round Brighton. Our guide will show you the places you will most interact with and will offer useful information about the local bus & train stations, as well as the major attractions in Brighton.
We offer a classic and Luxury social programme. Please see below for examples of activities.
The Luxury Social Programme
*Please note that the following is a guide and the student will experience a selection of the activities
Dolphin Languages is prepared to answer the high standards of any client interested in experiencing ‘la crème de la crème’ of Brighton by offering an exquisite social programme in the finest surroundings of South East of England.
Activities take place from Tuesday to Saturday.
• The best shows and plays in London – enjoy a live performance from a wide selection which covers many areas of interest: the Coliseum Theatre, Her Majesty’s Theatre or Piccadilly Theatre, Live Musicals, or Premiership Football Matches)
• An organic British 3 Course Dinner – because we understand the value of a healthy diet we can arrange a special meal where you will enjoy the highest quality of food in one of the many prestigious restaurants in Brighton.
• Afternoon Tea at the Grand Hotel – the Grand Hotel is one of the UK’s most magnificent Victorian hotels. Situated on the seafront, it dominates the shoreline and enjoys a stunning outlook.
• Learn to fly (Supplement of £150) – for the high-spirited we are prepared to offer extreme activities to meet your adrenaline dose (bungee jumping, skydiving, aerobatic flights).
• Water sports (optional) – we can arrange for you the most exclusive experiences, such as: trip in a private yacht, kayak, wakeboarding or surfing.
• Seafood Restaurant Night – Brighton offers a range variety of venues where you will be delighted by the seafood cuisine prepared by the most gifted sous-chefs in the area.
• Day trip to the finest surroundings of South East England -Bath/Cheltenham/Canterbuty . These locations retain a stunning architecture, and iconic attractions, with immense cultural and artistic heritage. You will be mesmerized by their award-winning gardens, impressive range of stylish shops and restaurants, and their festivals of horse racing, music and literature.
• Tour round Harvey’s of Lewes/Lewes Castle – Harvey’s Brewery in Lewes is the oldest brewery in Sussex, dating back to 1790. Its rich heritage is passionately carried through to the present day. Various events take place at the Lewes Castle, including two plays annually, children’s parties and weddings.
The Classic Social Programme
Activities take place from Tuesday to Saturday.
We explore more of what Brighton has to offer, in order to soak up the city’s culture and history. You will visit unique landmarks with an immense cultural and artistic heritage, such as:
• The Royal Pavilion, which is home to some of the finest collections and examples of the style chinoiserie in Britain.
• The Sea Life Centre is the oldest aquarium in the world but has modern attractions like a 1 million litre underwater sea tunnel, the UK’s first glass bottom boat and a jungle tour through Amazonian rainforest waters.
• The Brighton Pier is your theme park on the sea, the third most visited tourist attraction in the UK.
• Preston Manor is a charming historic house on the outskirts of Brighton, decorated and furnished in the Edwardian style.
• The Brighton Dome is part of the historic Pavilion Estate and hosts a packed, year round programme of live music, dance, theatre, comedy and family events.
• The Old Police Cells Museum offers visitors a unique insight into the history of Sussex Police.
Recognised for their natural beauty, the South Downs have also recently been awarded National Park status.
Dolphin Languages will encourage all applicants to take part in our ‘Green Activities’, which includes a trip in the Brighton countryside – walk up to Devil’s Dyke, cycle into Kipling’s Rottingdean, home of some of the most stunning gardens in Brighton, or join a woodland trail. These areas allow you to escape to a scenic, tranquil world of down lands, footpaths, bridleways and byways.
We agree with the old Latin saying ‘Mens sana in corpore sano’ (A sound mind in a healthy body) and we offer a range of activities to combine pleasure with sport, such as:
• Mini Golf
• Tenpin Bowling- A supervised session at the local bowling alley.
• A seafront walk or walk in the beautiful countryside surroundings of Seven Sisters
Alternatively we can organise a programme to accompany your English language course that meets your needs. Please contact us for more details.