This course is run by English teachers who are fanatical about football with a wealth of knowledge and experience. Dolphin’s language course will provide students with the necessary communication and management skills in English whilst teaching through a football related theme.
The language of football
Below are some of the areas that we will focus on in the primary school curriculum: Site 6 yards box/goal area 6 yards line Center circle Central Point Corner Corner arc Field spacing Target Goal line Midline Penalty arc Restricted area Penalties Lateral line/touch line Players Back Forward Goalkeeper Linesman Midfielder Referee Substitute Sweeper Game Corner/Corners Additional time Free kick Head Kick-off Game Offside Penalties Fines Throw Whistles
The Luxury Social Programme Monday We can appreciate the first day can be tiring so after your first English lesson you will enjoy a relaxing orientation walk round Brighton. Our guide will show you all of the essential areas you will be visiting and will offer useful information about the local bus & train stations as well as the major attractions in Brighton. We offer a classic and luxury social programme. Please see below for examples of activities.
The Luxury Social Programme *Please note that the following is a guide and the student will experience a selection of the activities Dolphin Languages is prepared to answer the high standards of any client interested in experiencing ‘Crème de la Crème’ of Brighton by offering an exquisite social programme in the finest surroundings of South East of England. Activities takes place from Tuesday- Saturday
• The best shows and plays in London – enjoy a live performance from a wide selection which covers many areas of interest: the Coliseum Theatre, Her Majesty’s Theatre or Piccadilly Theatre, Live Musicals, or Premiership Football Matches)
• An Organic British 3 Course Dinner – because we understand value a healthy diet we can arrange a special meal where you will enjoy the highest quality of food in one of the prestigious restaurants in Brighton.
• Afternoon Tea at the Grand Hotel – the Grand Hotel is one of the UK’s most magnificent Victorian hotels. Situated on the seafront, it dominates the shoreline and enjoys a stunning outlook over the sea
• Learn to fly (Supplement of £150) – for the high-spirits we are prepared to offer extreme activities to meet your adrenaline dose (bungee jumping, skydiving, aerobatic flights).
• Water sports (optional) – we can arrange for you the most exclusive experiences, such as: trip in a private yacht, kayak, wakeboarding or surfing.
• Seafood Restaurant Night – Brighton offers a range variety of venues where you will be delighted by the seafood cuisine, prepared by the most gifted sous-chefs in the area.
• Day trip to the finest surroundings of South East England -Bath/Cheltenham/Canterbuty . These locations retain a stunning architecture, and iconic attractions, with immense cultural and artistic heritage. You will be mesmerized by their award-winning gardens, impressive range of stylish shops and restaurants, and their festivals of horse racing, music and literature.
• Tour round Harvey’s of Lewes/Lewes Castle – Harveys Brewery in Lewes is the oldest brewery in Sussex, dating back to 1790. Its rich heritage is passionately carried through to the present day. Various events take place at the Lewes Castle, including two plays annually, children’s parties and weddings.
The Classic Social Programme Activities takes place from Tuesday- Saturday We explore more of what Brighton has to offer, in order to soak up the city’s architecture and history. You will visit unique landmarks with an immense cultural and artistic heritage, such as:
• The Sea Life Centre is the oldest aquarium in the world but has modern attractions like a 1 million litre underwater sea tunnel, the UK’s first glass bottom boat and a jungle tour through an Amazonian rainforest waters.
• The Brighton Pier is your theme park on the sea, the third most visited tourist attraction in the UK.
• The Brighton Dome is part of the historic Pavilion Estate and hosts a packed, year round programme of live music, dance, theatre, comedy and family events.
• The Old Police Cells Museum it offers visitors a unique insight into the history of Sussex Police. Recognised for its natural beauty the South Downs have also recently been awarded National Park status.
Dolphin Languages will encourage all applicants to take part in our ‘Green Activities’, which includes a trip in the Brighton countryside – Breeze up to Devil’s Dyke, cycle into Kipling’s Rottingdean, home of some of the most stunning gardens in Brighton, or join a woodland trail. These areas allow you to escape to a scenic, tranquil world of down lands, footpaths, bridleways and byways.
We agree with the old Latin saying ‘Mens sana in corpore sano’ (A sound mind in a healthy body) and we offer a range of activities to combine pleasure with sport, such as:
• Mini Golf
• Tenpin Bowling- A supervised session at the local bowling alley.
• A seafront walk or walk in the beautiful countryside surroundings of Seven Sisters Alternatively we can organise a program to meet your or your businesses specific needs. Please contact us for more details.